Posted on Tuesday January 07, 2020
The Town of Matthews and the Matthews Appearance and Tree Advisory Committee today announced a partnership with TreesCharlotte to give away trees to residents of Matthews on Saturday, February 1 at the Matthews United Methodist Church (rear parking lot) at 9:00 am – 11:00 am.
Matthews, NC – The Town of Matthews and the Matthews Appearance and Tree Advisory Committee today announced a partnership with TreesCharlotte to give away trees to residents of Matthews on Saturday, February 1 at the Matthews United Methodist Church parking lot from 9:00 am until 11:00 am. Approximately 400 trees will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis. Expect long lines as this will be a popular event.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Each Matthews’ household is eligible for up to two free trees. Limit 2 trees per address.
- Proof of Matthews residency (such as a driver’s license, utility bill, etc.) must be shown at the event in order to participate.
- A valid email address is required to register.
- You will complete and sign a Stewardship Pledge Form (mandatory) and declare your pledge to take care of the tree(s) we provide.
- You will be taught how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree education is mandatory for everyone.
- We cannot guarantee species type or quantities and will not know what will be available until the morning of the event.
- Trees are in 7-gallon containers, range from 6-10′ tall, and will not be reserved or transported.
Although the trees are free, TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations. The suggested donation is $20.
Registration is encouraged and will be open on January 10 and close at midnight on January 28. Registration does not guarantee that you will receive trees, however you will receive an email a few days before the event with information on the varieties that will likely be offered.
For more information and to register for this event, please visit: https://treescharlotte.org/event/matthews-treestore.